Vegan (Quinoa) Mac & Cheese
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 Tbsp whole wheat flour (you could also use spelt, rice, or tapioca flour)
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- Cook quinoa over stove with water to package instructions until fluffy and soft.
- In a separate saucepan over media heat, combine almond milk, nutritional yeast, whole wheat flour, dijon mustard, garlic powder, and salt.
- Stir the sauce for about 4 minutes until it becomes thick.
- Cut and steam broccoli and add to the cooked quinoa.
- Transfer the cheese sauce to the quinoa and broccoli and coat evenly.
- Serve hot.