Fresh Vegetarian Greek Pasta
- 2-3 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound (uncooked) penne pasta
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, olives, feta, spices, salt and pepper. Chill while the pasta is cooking.
- In a large pot, add penne pasta to salted, boiling water. Cook according to package directions. Drain.
- In the same pot, while pasta is draining, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes. Return the pasta to the pot and toss with olive oil mixture.
- Add pasta and tomato-olive mixture to a large serving dish and toss until the fresh vegetables are thoroughly mixed with the penne.